On vacation rentals by owner dot com (the same place Joyce found our Vegas rental, I think) you can also find houses to rent right on the beach. I found this one in Corpus Christi, Texas:
I know Texas is a place Joyce's family has already been, but I think that just makes them perfect hosts and hostesses!
We could all fly in to San Antonio. From there it is roughly a 2 hour drive to the beach. If we got the house pictured, it sleeps up to 21 in 3 separate condos; a 1 bedroom, a 2 bedroom, and a 3 bedroom.
We could spend our time on the beach at the house, or drive up to San Antonio where the Watts could show us Sea World or the Alamo. Also, there are water sports we could do at the beach, such as rent jet skis.
I think this vacation plan has something for everyone and is a way for us to spend time as a family. Also I think it'll be somewhat affordable.
What do you think?
link to VRBO house here for more pictures and a description



Excellent Idea!! Corpus Christi is nice we have been there. Okay so we spent an afternoon on the beach and then went back to San Antonio. But it is still nice.
ReplyDeleteAlso take a look at Matagorda Texas. I checked this place out before our trip to San Antonio and thought it would be great. I think the vactation homes are cheaper there - but I could be wrong. The down side to Matagorda is that there isn't much to do but beach stroll and fishing - nice if all you want to relax. If people want more to do then we will need to go to Corpus Christi.
Couple of things to consider:
August will be peak time so more money there.
Hurricanes! Most of the time these big party poopers don't show up until late August early September. But there is still that chance. I'm just saying...